Premed 101 Forums

Nose-Ring - Taboo or not?

Guest Spicy Aam

Guest Spicy Aam

Hi guys,

I have a concern regarding a piercing. I have my nose pierced (small diamond stud) and am wondering if keeping it in will create a bad impression? Does anyone have any suggestions or past experiences with this sort of thing?

Spicy:hat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447100</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>Sponsorship Scandal</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>nonce</username>

<dateline>1077941880</dateline>

<title>Sponsorship Scandal</title>

<pagetext>I've been following the sponsorship scandal story, and i've come across some issues that i thought might be resolved here....being the politically inept person i am, it basically has to do with how this thing actually worked...

My question is, did the Public Works department give money directly to ad agencies such as GroupAction? Or, did the department first give money to crown corporations, which were then influenced by the politicians (Alfonso Gagliano) and bureaucrats (i.e. Chuck Guite) on parliament hill to funnel this money to the ad agencies?

Was it a combination of both?

Im confused as to the role the crown corporations played in this fiasco. Any help is greatly appreciated.

nonce

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

It sounds as though there was a big bit of collusive naughtiness going on at both, the federal level (within the Public Works Dept.) as well as within the five crown corporations (Old Port of Montreal, Canada Post, Via Rail, RCMP and the Business Development Bank of Canada). That is, both government officials and crown corporation bigwigs seemed to have had a hand in suspiciously distributing some of the $100 million to the primary advertising agency recipients: Gosselin, Groupaction, Lafleur, and Media/IDA Vision.

Auditor General, Sheila Fraser's findings are pretty interesting. In most cases, it appears that the money was either given directly to the ad agencies for weak reasons, or the crown corporations seemed to be used as some sort of conduit through which the money could be distributed to the agencies. Here's one example: the government agreed to fund the Old Port of Montreal's need for some sort of new screen for its science centre, to the tune of $1.5 million. For some reason, the Old Port felt that they needed two of the aforementioned ad agencies to procure this screen, and awarded them $225K in commissions. :rolleyes

Overall, it sounds like someone within the government had a few good buddies in the advertising world and wished to provide them a few benefits. It's a pity though, that it seems to be tough to find anyone who may be accountable for this. I don't know if you saw the news piece on Chuck Guite last night, but the news hounds tracked him down to a trailer park in Arizona and tried to question him. Of course, he refused, and apparently there are no legal ways to have him come up and divulge some details. Pity that. I'd like to hear what the wee bugger would have to say.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>Nose-Ring - Taboo or not?</threadtitle>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>Nose-Ring - Taboo or not?</threadtitle>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived