Premed 101 Forums

Any idea when OOP acceptance letters go out?

Do you think that MUN will wait to see who sends regrets due to Dal sending out their acceptances this week? I think they are waiting to save them some headache from sifting through people whom have been accepted to both Dal and Mun, and save a lot of jumping through the waitlist.

Do you think that MUN will wait to see who sends regrets due to Dal sending out their acceptances this week? I think they are waiting to save them some headache from sifting through people whom have been accepted to both Dal and Mun, and save a lot of jumping through the waitlist.

I would hope not. How awful to think that your chances to get into a school would be brought down by another school wanting you? What if someone did spectacularly at Dal, but MUN is their first choice?

I speculate in such a way for purely selfish reasons though, as I'm hoping the MUN letters will move the Dal waitlist.

I highly doubt this. As far as I know, there is no cross-talk between schools as this would be a confidentiality breach. And since they have been sifting through the competitive applications since the interview, trying to coordinate with another university would create more work. Several OOP individuals in my class (at MUN) were accepted into multiple schools, including Dal.

I highly doubt this. As far as I know, there is no cross-talk between schools as this would be a confidentiality breach. And since they have been sifting through the competitive applications since the interview, trying to coordinate with another university would create more work. Several OOP individuals in my class (at MUN) were accepted into multiple schools, including Dal.

I don't know if mun does what sauber suggested (probably not), but the letter from dal says they do share admission offers.

Archived