Premed 101 Forums

Rate My Residency - Residency ratings and reviews straight from the source!

Hi folks! I'm a Canadian studying medicine in Australia. First off, I'd like to thank the Premed101 community for helping me make the decision to partake in my medical education abroad. I'm almost a year-and-a-half in and I'm loving every minutes of it!

Here's a summary of what's below in case you don't feel like reading the whole thing (I know you're busy!):

- I noticed a lack of comprehensive rating and review sources for residency programs.

- Yesterday I launched a website called Rate My Residency (
).

- I am asking for the help of the Premed101 community and medical community at large to help me populate the site with reviews and to spread the word!

- It's my vision to make Rate My Residency the go-to source for objective ratings and reviews of post-graduate medical training programs worldwide.

- Thank you for helping me make RMR a reality!

Late last year I was pondering my future residency choices and tried looking up any sort of commentary on programs in Canada only to find there really isn't anything available. There are some sources for reviews of US programs but even those weren't quite what I was looking for.

So, to fill that gap, I have started a website called Rate My Residency (http://www.ratemyresidency.ca). I just took the site live so I don't have any actual reviews yet and the programs list is pretty sparse. However, don't be discouraged, that's where you come in!

My aim is to build RMR into a valuable source of information for medical students around the world when they're deciding on their residencies. To do that, I need the help of the Premed101 community and the medical community at large. If you're a resident or a doctor, I would humbly ask you to submit a review of your program on the site. We likely will not have your program listed at the moment but we do have a program submission form. Just submit your program and I'll have it up on the site ASAP (I'll let you know via email when it goes live). If you're a medical student or someone else, you can like our site and share it with anyone you think might be interested!

I'm more than happy to answer any questions on the forum whether they be about RMR or about studying in Australia!

Thank you very much for your consideration. As I said before, the online medical community has been an immeasurably large asset to me. I'd very much like to give something back and I sincerely hope that together we can make that a reality.

Archived