Premed 101 Forums

Eligibility

University of Manitoba medical school states:

1. Manitoba Applicant Pool -- The Admissions Committee gives priority to residents of Manitoba who are Canadian citizens or Permanent residents regardless of where they completed their premedical studies. The Admissions Committee defines Manitoba applicants as those who: a) have graduated from a high school in Manitoba; OR B) have been a resident in the Province of Manitoba for a minimum of two (2) years at the time of application; OR c) have a recognized degree from a university in Manitoba; OR d) have completed a minimum of two consecutive years of full-time academic studies in a recognized program at a university in Manitoba, while physically residing in Manitoba.

So I currently live in Ontario, but I lived in Winnipeg for 4 years (2004-2008). Will I be put in the Manitoba applicant pool? I'm confused if those 2 years have to be the last two years or not. I'm guessing I'm not eligible, but i just want to confirm.

thanks!

"Have resided for a min of 2 years at time of application" means that you have to have resided in MB for two years directly preceding the application. Living in MB for 4 years previously wouldn't mean anything unless you graduated high school here or something.

Archived