Premed 101 Forums

Body language

Guest Gem2005

Guest Gem2005

Hi,

I wanted to know what you guys think about, the interviewer's expressions. The odd thing is that at my interview contrary to other's (people who went in before me, and described), the two interviewer's did not write anything down they only listened and made eye contact, and noded. They did not put me on the spot or try to trick me either. They did not even ask me why I wanted to be a doctor!:rolleyes

They only asked about my experiences in the hopital, and my ability to cope with different situations!

I am only wondering because I compare myself with others who came out stressed out, insecure... While I was relaxed and did not feel presured?

What do you guys think!

Thanks!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

One of my interviews sounds exactly like yours--mine was at UofT. Although the interviewers had a list of questions written in front of them to ask me, neither interviewer wrote anything down when I gave my responses. Additionally, like you I ran into a few UofT interviewees who didn't feel as comfortable with their interview as others.

I'd try not to worry about it too much. My feeling was that the UofT interviewers were simply trying to get an idea of what we were like as people; not what precise points we wished to deliver on sundry issues. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest babydoctor

I felt my interview was pretty relaxed - maybe too relaxed. Nothing stumped me and I was a little disappointed that I wasn't asked any really difficult questions. Oh well, I guess I'll find out soon enough what they all thought of me!!

Guest Lactic Folly

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it might be about the body language of the applicant. Indeed, that would be the main thing I have focused on - did I present myself well non-verbally during the interview? I wouldn't worry as much about reading the interviewers, since it's hard to tell what they truly think of you.

Archived