Premed 101 Forums

Hello,

Does anyone personally know an OT? I'm curious as to how much a new grad is expected to make, and how the job prospect is in Ontario (especially Toronto) or Buffalo, NY. I've looked at the stats online, but the figures given vary quite a bit.

Thanks!

I personally know two OTs but I don't know them so well that I'm comfortable asking them what their salary is.

In terms of job prospects, a U of T grad told me that almost all of her classmates have found jobs. (They graduated in Aug 2013) A few people got jobs in Toronto due to their connections from placements. But overall, the job market in the GTA is tough and you'll probably have to settle on part time and casual jobs at the beginning.

I am from Nova Scotia and "Career Beacon" is a popular job searching tool. I mention it because there are often postings for OT and PT both in Halifax as well as rural regions of the province and the salary is usually posted. For new grads, It seems to range from $55,000-71,000 for clinical jobs here in the maritimes and increases significantly with 5+ years of experience. I imagine the compensations is significantly higher in Ontario and out West. Hope that helps!

Archived