Premed 101 Forums

Deferring an acceptance and reapplying

Hey!

I have a topic that doesn't receive much attention: deferral of acceptance and reapplication.

It goes without saying that this is generally frowned upon, and AMCAS actually explicitly declines students who have deferred an acceptance from reapplying to US school.

However, what happens in the case of deferring a US school and reapplying to Canadian schools? Does AMCAS and OMSAS communicate or is there any way for them to know? Would someone be refused an application if they accepted an International school ?

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone has to offer!

Hey!

I have a topic that doesn't receive much attention: deferral of acceptance and reapplication.

It goes without saying that this is generally frowned upon, and AMCAS actually explicitly declines students who have deferred an acceptance from reapplying to US school.

However, what happens in the case of deferring a US school and reapplying to Canadian schools? Does AMCAS and OMSAS communicate or is there any way for them to know? Would someone be refused an application if they accepted an International school ?

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone has to offer!

I don't think so. People have done things like that before after all. OMSAS doesn't even know if you got acceptances in other provinces, let alone international ones.

Archived