Premed 101 Forums

Succinct answers?

Guest Nix

To everyone- you are an amazing group of people. I just found this site a few days ago and am so happy I did -and still in time to help with preparing for my interview (Ottawa next week!). I have done lots of research now (ethics, healthcare issues etc.), really thought about myself, what I have done etc. and now need to try to outline my thoughts into answers (don't worry not memorize!). I am going in circles though! For ex. my strengths-I have a list of about 15 that really are my strengths so how do I pick the ones to mention, in what should be probably a couple of sentances? the ones I think are most to med?(still a lot of them though). the ones make me more unique than others that will be applying and saying the same strengths? or perhaps the ones I feel are strongest now (ie. doing MSc so lots of self-learning, initiative etc.).

Also why med? again long list and it is really the fact that med. combines ALL of these-should I try to make an answer succinct by saying ones that may be more unique reasons? or really try to summarize them all into broad reasons? I know there are no hard fast rules-I'm more interested in the thought process you have gone through to figure out how to articulate your feelings-b/c that is all they are for me right now and it is getting to the point where a really need some stand by answers especially to get the ball rolling if they are the first questions. Thanks for all your postings and discussions I can't even begin to explain how helpful they have been.

Cheers,

Nick

Guest not rex morgan

Hey Nix. Try not to overthink it going in. You have to adapt to the situation at hand...and you may not get asked any of the questions you're fretting about! You have a list that you can mentally refer to when you're nervous and that's great. I was also asked to list my faults, so you may want to get a mental list together about that. As for being succint, it's a balance really. You don't want to give monosyllabic answers and you don't want to talk so long that the interviewer forgot what they asked. Other than that, go with your instincts. Good luck.

Archived