Premed 101 Forums

Rejection Rejection

Guest MayFlower1

Guest MayFlower1

I think I posted this last year...but it's so enjoyable I thought I'd post it again...it's actually been modified from the original which was intended for potential employers...I wish I knew who to credit this with...it's quite amazing. I intend on using it if I get a rejection...I highly recommend you do too! ;)

Dear Adcom,

Thank you for your letter of June 30. After careful consid-

eration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept

your refusal to offer me a position in your medical program at

this time. This year I have been particularly fortunate in

receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters.

With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is

impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your programs' outstanding qualifications and previous

experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection

does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume

the position in your school this September. I look forward to

seeing you then. Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,

Peter

Guest macdaddyeh

Peter:

I love this type of counter-intuitive humour.:rollin

I laughed and laughed and laughed. I'm sure they'll miss your sense of humour at the office WHEN you get accepted to Ottawa!

I needed a good :rollin .

Take care

Guest grandmellon

OK! I just fell off my chair and sustained a major concussion... I really don't remember why... but I assume it had to do something with peter's post because it was on my computer screen when I came back from the ER. HILARIOUS!!!! Should I use this if I am on the wait list for interviews? :lol

That was good laugh, I needed that........By the way Pete, I have found your posts most informative & helpful. I'm sure your good nature will help you this September at Ottawa!

Guest MayFlower1

I'm glad you are enjoying this as much as I did...one of the few joke e-mails I've received and kept...as Goldmember would say... "Dat's a keeper".

macdaddyeh,

I've been contracting for the past year...with hopes of getting into med school I didn't think it was fair to accept a full-time career/job. Oh, they'll miss me alright...my dogs, anyway!

grandmellon,

I think a modification for waitlist would be entirely appropriate. Could you imagine the look on the adcoms faces when they read it? You might even get yourself off the waitlist...ha ha...

Peter

Guest blacko

I've definitely had my share of doz. BUT never again. I just got the "call" today. No more thanks but no thanks. When I get my acceptance letter later this week I'm going to burn all those letters!!!!

Edited to clean things up a bit. -Ian

Guest blacko

Thanks!!! I got into U OF A!!!

And to any of you who really want to be doctors don't give up. I had 4 interviews at u of a before I got in!! So keep trying you'll do it if you want it!!!!:rollin

Guest MayFlower1

blaco,

Good for you...and for your persistance...this is my second time applying...I'm hoping I don't have to do this another two or more times!

It must feel really good to know what you're doing in the fall...you should be proud of yourself!

Peter

Guest blacko

actually, I want to finish my Masters program so I will be requesting a 1 year deferral. I'll be starting in 2004! That's ok though as then I'll have a year and a half to really appreciate it!

Good luck and you WILL get in if you keep trying!

I wish I knew what I did right this time! I know it's partly luck but probably the interview put me over the top. There was something different about this one (the fourth) as opposed to the previous three. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think the key was being relaxed. I really went in there not expecting to get in so I went in with little pressure.

I think the other thing that helped was a piece of advice that a med student gave me: be definitive on your answers. Don't fence sit and say what you mean even if it's not what you think they want to hear. After he told me that it made total sense!

Archived