Premed 101 Forums

Hello,

I'm going into 4th year this September, and planning to take 5 courses 1st semester & 6 courses 2nd semester. Would it adversely affect my application if I have 6 courses left for second semester instead of 5? I will for sure graduate on time though.

Hello,

I'm going into 4th year this September, and planning to take 5 courses 1st semester & 6 courses 2nd semester. Would it adversely affect my application if I have 6 courses left for second semester instead of 5? I will for sure graduate on time though.

No it won't affect your application. But keep in mind that if you are applying for the 2015 intake, the schools will not include your second semester grades in the GPA calculation.

• 2 months later...

No it won't affect your application. But keep in mind that if you are applying for the 2015 intake, the schools will not include your second semester grades in the GPA calculation.

Lol why not? That can't be true. If so that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. What is their rationale behind that? "Oh you worked too hard to graduate on time, we can't accept your 2nd semester GPA"

Lol why not? That can't be true. If so that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. What is their rationale behind that? "Oh you worked too hard to graduate on time, we can't accept your 2nd semester GPA"

It is true, and I'm guessing the rationale has something to do with the fact that there's no time to vet applications, conduct interviews, and send out acceptances by the time final grades are in (which is around early may on average). 

Archived