Premed 101 Forums

Francophone applicant - advice please

Hello pre-med'ers

One of the criterias for francophone applicant is "using french in daily activities AND a connection to a francophone community and a reference letter is required."For this criteria relating to community engagement, the candidate will be required to provide a reference letter attesting to his/her connection to a Francophone community.

I'm fluent in french, however I am not french. I've been in Ontario for the past 3 years, and worked at a bilingual institution. But I don't feel it is a strong "connection" to a francophone community. So I am not sure whether I should get a letter from my institution. Secondly, I've recently started a second job at a french institution, but it will only be 4 months by the application deadline. I feel this would be a better bet to get a reference letter, but not sure if adcom will see this as "not enough time" to get a francophone status.

I've also lived in Montreal almost my entire life but mostly worked in English environments. (although Quebec wants you to be fluent in french anywhere you work)

Any advice to where I should get my reference letter? O

Thanks

Archived