Premed 101 Forums

Medical Ethics

Guest J

Guest 1234

The CMAJ site has a good section for medical ethics. You can find it at the address www.cma.ca/cmaj. Once you get there, click on "selected series" on the left hand side and this will lead you to bioethics for clinicians. Hope this helps!

Guest Ian Wong

Here's a smoking link, courtesy of the UBC Faculty of Ethics. If you poke around a bit, you'll discover links to sites for many/all of the major ethical dilemnas in health care, along with links to a ridiculous number of ethics organizations: Canadian, American and other.

You could literally spend months exploring all of the content available here. :)

www.ethics.ubc.ca/resources/biomed/

Ian

UBC, Med 3

• 3 months later...
Guest Ian Wong

Here's another medical ethics website, courtesy of the American Medical Association:

www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/2732.html

The highlight of this website is the "Virtual Mentor" section, which has a number of sample ethical cases published by physicians. It can be accessed through the above URL, or can be reached directly here:

www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/3040.html

Ian

UBC, Med 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Ian Wong

There's a book written by Dr. Eike Kluge, who's the chair of UVic's Philosophy department, and a former chair of a CMA committee on ethics. I can't remember the name at the moment, but there's some good articles within that books dealing with the standard ethical questions like abortions, euthanasia, access to medical records, sterilization of the mentally handicapped, etc.

You can probably find it if you searched on www.google.com

Ian

UBC, Med 3

• 2 months later...
Guest Hello

Good for you Laura. I was not able to see any of your original comments so I don't know if they were offensive. However, it seems people on this site are trying too hard to be perfect and make good impressions. I would prefer a doctor who is genuine and true to himself. It sounds like Laura was giving her opinion...which I thought was the idea of this forum. Endless banter about morality is silly we all know what is right and wrong.

Archived