Premed 101 Forums

Nursing In Lakehead - As A Premed

Hey everybody!

if there was a recent topic about this I apologize! 

I wanted to know if there are any nurses here that have been accepted to NOSM?

How was your experience in the program (accelerated or not)?

How would you compare yourself to friends who took science degree paths to medicine? 

How was your application/interview process?

As for myself, I am starting to think about my 2nd degree

Thanks

Not a nurse myself but there are numerous nurses in my class, at least 6 nurses. Understandably they do well in procedurally based skills and have decent knowledge of some pharmacology that I have noticed compared to us non-nurse med students. Of course the difference is less noticeable as time goes on but is a nice perk in pre-clerkship.

Beef 

Not a nurse myself but there are numerous nurses in my class, at least 6 nurses. Understandably they do well in procedurally based skills and have decent knowledge of some pharmacology that I have noticed compared to us non-nurse med students. Of course the difference is less noticeable as time goes on but is a nice perk in pre-clerkship.

Beef 

Thank you Beef for the replay, 

I should have worded my question differently

I meant nursing compared to other science degrees while doing the undergrad degree. 

I have one friend in biology he said that nursing compared to bio is a lot easier, i am looking for other points of view or advice.

anything would help

:)

Thank you Beef for the replay, 

I should have worded my question differently

I meant nursing compared to other science degrees while doing the undergrad degree. 

I have one friend in biology he said that nursing compared to bio is a lot easier, i am looking for other points of view or advice.

anything would help

:)

I would suggest perusing the nursing sub-forum. Not Lakehead specific, but people have posted lots about doing nursing as a pre-med, and how it might be harder to get higher grades compared to a more objective program like bio. 

Archived