Premed 101 Forums

thank you letters??

Guest a

I think that is more widely done in the U.S., and not really required in Canada. I know many people who were accepted in Ontario Med schools that did not send thank-you letters. Actually, I don't know of anyone, accepted or not, who has sent a thank-you letter. Anyway, my point being is that not sending a thank-you letter cannot possibly hurt you, I would be uncomfortable sending one because I have no idea how it would be viewed (ie. could also work against you).

Cheers.

Guest Ian Wong

Hi,

I didn't write any thank you letters when I applied, and I don't think it hurt my chances at all. Of course, one of my interviewers came off as a completely arrogant SOB, so naturally he wasn't getting a card no matter what. :)

If you are going to write one, do it with the intention of actually thanking the interviewer for the interview, and not as a post-interview chance to polish the application. I've heard of people writing letters for both of the above intentions. The interviewers have seen it all before, and sincerity is the way to go. If there's something that you particularly enjoyed, mention it, but don't get overly verbose.

Ian

Can, MS2

Archived