Premed 101 Forums

Crossing Boarder On Interview Day

xClashx

You don't need to prove anything, you are not obliged to show anything. If you do print it and decide to show the border officers, it can't hurt you, but it's definitely not necessary. They may ask questions about where you are going and what for, but that is all. However, if you decide to stay in the US for the week, and all you had was an ''interview'', this will raise some suspicion obviously.

It doesn't work like that.

US border agents are not obligated to allow you to cross into the US. I've seen people be turned back at the border because they only bought 1 way bus tickets and did not have a return ticket. Also, there is no reason to be hostile with them. Bring a copy of the interview email or letter just in case. Its not a big deal.

OP, always be truthful at the border. You have absolutely no reason to not disclose why you're going. Just print out your interview confirmation and show it to the border guard. You'll cross through with no problems.

And to the person who said that you have no obligation to disclose it - you are way wrong. The reasonings behind you entering and leaving a country are a matter of national security. They have every right to want as much out of you as is reasonable. A simple email printout is hardly too much to ask for....

You don't need to prove anything, you are not obliged to show anything. If you do print it and decide to show the border officers, it can't hurt you, but it's definitely not necessary. They may ask questions about where you are going and what for, but that is all. However, if you decide to stay in the US for the week, and all you had was an ''interview'', this will raise some suspicion obviously.

Lmao wait so the OP is not obliged to show anything supporting why he's entering the US but if he stays in american a week after his interview because of sight seeing or something he becomes suspicious?

• 2 weeks later...

Also I noticed you said crossing the border on interview day. I'm not sure where you live and what it's like there, but in Vancouver the wait times at the border can be many hours long. I highly suggest going 1 night earlier and staying in a hotel. This is just to be safe if you run into long waits. Better than waking up at 3-5am in my opinion. You're gonna want a good sleep before the big day!

Archived