Premed 101 Forums

letter from OMSAS?

Guest heho

Has anyone received the letter we are supposed to receive from OMSAS verifying our GPA, amongst other things?

I got the "receipt of application" letter back in October, but I haven't yet received this follow up...

Thanks

Guest sans005

did anyone else receive the verification letter yet? I jst received it. I did not know A=3.90 on the OMSAS scale. I think they changed some things around...I have to get in touch with them.

S86 - most of us ontarioans got it today...it is just a verification of your transcript (i.e. they checked whether you entered your courses and marks correctly), confirmation about your address, that your reference letters/MCAT have been received etc.

IT IS A PRETTY STANDARD LETTER...NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!

tt/

Guest Elaine I

Madz,

I haven't yet. However, I live in a condo, and my mail typically takes one day longer than everyone else in Toronto (or elsewhere for that matter).

Elaine

Thanks for the reply!

I called today just to make sure the letter didn't get lost in the mail and I was told that my application hasn't been given the "thorough review" yet.

Maybe they haven't gotten to yours yet either Elaine?

Madz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elaine I

I still haven't received my verification letter from OMSAS. If I don't receive anything by the middle of this week, I will give them a call. (I live in North York, ON.)

Elaine

Guest Elaine I

Not having received my letter yet, I called OMSAS today. I was told that there were no problems, but that they simply go out in waves. I was told I should probably receive the letter next week, and was assurred that there should not be any problems with any of the med schools that I applied to.

Elaine

Archived