Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS reference letters

Guest Yangzie

Guest Yangzie

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else has their reference letters still showing up outstanding? I have two received and one outstanding still and it's october 16th.

Please tell me i'm not the only one in Ontario in this position!!

Anyone else still have outstanding reference letters?

My referee sent her letter on Sept 29th and it still hasn't arrived! I asked her to send a second one 3 days ago, just in case.

I'm getting really impatient. Does anyone know if there is a absolute deadline on receiving references? It would suck to get rejected because of a missing ref letter.

Guest 24medgirl

One of mine is still outstanding, but I'm not too worried. I highly doubt that they can reject anyone for their reference package getting lost in the mail or their system. Plus, I think that if the reference package is actually missing, they will contact us or the referee to send another one.

Hi,

I called OMSAS about this problem and the lady said that if it shows up as "currently outstanding" then they have not received the letter. I find that kind of strange, though, because I have heard of a lot of people to whom this has happened. I'm getting my letter re-sent just in case.

Guest silverjelly86

Really, KB? Oh @#%$ . . . I have to get my reference to send his again, I guess. And he sent it at the beginning of September. What the hell? :x

Guest riffraff

hi, i sent two of my letters the week before the deadline and one i had couriered on oct. 3, and they all showed up as received by that friday, oct. 7. so i would call and ask if letters haven't been marked as received yet.

Hey, I am in the same boat with one reference letter outstanding. I emailed OMSAS and they said that they are completely up to date on the website so they said that I have to ask my referee to send it again. I talked to my referee and she said that she had sent a whole bunch of reference letters altogether by Purolater and OMSAS said they received all of them except mine so she is going to send mine again today. I don't know what is going on and I'm worried that OMSAS already sent our applications to the med-schools. The email they sent me said:"We have still not received this form. You can have the form and letter sent again, and we will forward it to the medical schools. It will be up to the medical schools as to whether or not they will still accept it. "

It would be nice if everyone here with outstanding letters update this thread when OMSAS has gotten your letters.

Woot! Reference letter finally received! I'm pretty sure they lost the first one. I got my referee to send a second one Oct 19th, which is probably the one they just received. Feels so good to have my application complete, now I sit back and wait for the interviews/rejections :)

Guest anuanuanu

My reference letter was still appearing as outstanding and I called OMSAS and they said they hadn't received it, so it must have also been lost somewhere. They advised that I ask my referee to send a fax of the reference letter as well as put a copy in the mail so that they could at least have the faxed copy while they awaited the mailed copy.

Archived