Premed 101 Forums

Can I get into MEDSCHOOL with these scores?

Guest 03patelj

Guest 03patelj

Hi Guys. I want an honest opinion whether I can get into medical school or not with following marks. Or acutally should I even think about it? Here are my marks.

First Year:

1st Semester = 4.00

2nd Semester = 3.46

Second Year:

1st Semester = 3.86

2nd Semester = 3.70

Have you looked at the acceptance averages of any and almost all schools??? You're in no way out of the range, especially since you have your 3rd and 4th years to go, if you keep a solid >3.5 avg with good EC's. . . you're as good as anyone else

Guest 03patelj

I was actually worried about the overall GPA which is only 3.755. It is certainly true that the requirements for all the schools fall in the range of > 3.5. However, as I heard it when you apply for the admission into med school they don't even consider you if you have your GPA between 3.5-3.8. They want something between 3.8-3.95. I know some people who were rejected with perfect GPA of 4.0.

Guest medeng

With the weighting schemes that some schools apply (they are all listed on the OMSAS site) you can probably expect a boost, given the stats you listed (ie drop worst courses/years) but you'll have to check these out individually by school...

My cGPA was 3.68, but I got 4 interviews (nb. I am a grad applicant, so that helped at some schools...) because the weighting helped me substantially, and you can't dismiss the impact of the extracurriculars etc.

ps - you might want to edit your subject so its a bit more descriptive...

Archived