Premed 101 Forums

Delaying Ug Graduation

Hey,

I'm new here... just looking for some advice.

I had a really hard time picking a major, luckily my Uni tuition is very cheap and I can still live at home and i work during summer breaks so financially messing around with different programs has not been a problem (no loans yet!) ...anyway, my cGPA is 3.63, but my major GPA is 3.8 or 3.9 i think (the poor marks are from a major I switched out of).

Anyway, after having had some work experience in the field of my major (Geography - BSc) and had a lot of research experience, I realize that I fully hate it. This semester I'm stuck in courses in the branches of Geog I don't like due to really poor scheduling and I care so little I'm falling very far behind....I'm taking a german language minor which I love as well as an anatomy course and a bio elective (also love)

I realize that I really want to do physiotherapy, or at least be involved in kinesiology/health research and I will need another year to finish up my pre-req courses for physio regardless (so I want to apply for fall 2016). I also really need a break from Uni and my home town so I've planned to go abroad this winter.

My question is, do you think it will very negatively affect me if I withdraw from these geography courses this semester (which I'm so far behind in I'm not going to get a good grade), continue to do very well in my other courses then complete my Bsc degree taking the courses that I like along with the physio prereqs next year (as a full course load) ? (as opposed to not getting really good marks this term and taking prereqs online next year)

I thought this plan was reasonable and would lead to improved happiness and academic success....but I'm getting a little worried about my prospects for actually getting into a physio school after reading forums like this. (btw I want to go to Dalhousie as my first choice...and my province has seats reserved there)

Hey,

I'm new here... just looking for some advice.

I had a really hard time picking a major, luckily my Uni tuition is very cheap and I can still live at home and i work during summer breaks so financially messing around with different programs has not been a problem (no loans yet!) ...anyway, my cGPA is 3.63, but my major GPA is 3.8 or 3.9 i think (the poor marks are from a major I switched out of).

Anyway, after having had some work experience in the field of my major (Geography - BSc) and had a lot of research experience, I realize that I fully hate it. This semester I'm stuck in courses in the branches of Geog I don't like due to really poor scheduling and I care so little I'm falling very far behind....I'm taking a german language minor which I love as well as an anatomy course and a bio elective (also love)

I realize that I really want to do physiotherapy, or at least be involved in kinesiology/health research and I will need another year to finish up my pre-req courses for physio regardless (so I want to apply for fall 2016). I also really need a break from Uni and my home town so I've planned to go abroad this winter.

My question is, do you think it will very negatively affect me if I withdraw from these geography courses this semester (which I'm so far behind in I'm not going to get a good grade), continue to do very well in my other courses then complete my Bsc degree taking the courses that I like along with the physio prereqs next year (as a full course load) ? (as opposed to not getting really good marks this term and taking prereqs online next year)

I thought this plan was reasonable and would lead to improved happiness and academic success....but I'm getting a little worried about my prospects for actually getting into a physio school after reading forums like this. (btw I want to go to Dalhousie as my first choice...and my province has seats reserved there)

Archived