Premed 101 Forums

Anyone Excited For The New Hobbit Movie?

starryskies

I have to say that I was pretty disappointed in the first two movies, even though I'm a die-hard Lord of the Rings fan. Actually, it was probably BECAUSE I am a die-hard lotr fan that I was so crushed about how badly edited/ written the prequels were. 

I'll still watch the movie, but as of now I have 0 hype about it.

hobbit-poster.jpg

I have to say though, that poster looks pretty amazing. 

Any other fans of the series here on the premed forum? Your thoughts? 

I'm excited! I try to see movies as independent from the book(s) of origin so that I can enjoy it for its own merits. I rather liked the other two (not as much as I enjoyed ROTK though) and I'm looking forward to going out to see this one with my husband.

I'm excited! I try to see movies as independent from the book(s) of origin so that I can enjoy it for its own merits. I rather liked the other two (not as much as I enjoyed ROTK though) and I'm looking forward to going out to see this one with my husband.

That's a good mindset to have! I do like the movies as decent entertainment, but as a fan of both the books and the original trilogy of the movies, I can't but help the comparisons. 

It is a great poster. Otherwise I agree. I'm still kinda incensed that the book was made into three movies, which works out to a little over a hundred pages of the book per movie. The movies so far have felt incredibly padded, with far too many "action" set pieces that kinda overwhelm the original charm of the story. 

My definitive adaptation of the Hobbit is still the BBC audio dramatization. It's about three hours and pretty great. 

So, I'm sure I'll go see the last movie in this "trilogy". But for the moment I'm far more interested in Interstellar. 

Archived