Premed 101 Forums

Reference Letters

Neyu

hey guys,

I asked my referee for a letter and she agreed to do it in person. And then I emailed her over the next couple of days with the cover sheet and my CV etc. She hasn't replied back to my email (it's been a week). Should I be worried? Or should I just wait it out..? The deadline is approaching and I am getting anxious. At what point should I send a follow up email?

Drop by and see if you can provide any more information to help, perhaps give them some envelopes/stamps?

Thanks for the tip!! However, it was an out of city elective and I'm no longer there. Would it ever be appropriate to call...?

hey!  yeah I did both.  I even sent a follow-up email asking her if she could let me know if she has received my email.  The deadline for mailed in letters is Nov 21 (so about 2 weeks).  I will probably send her another follow-up email next week, but after that, I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to call?  It's just anxiety provoking, because I feel like once I ask my referee for a letter in person, the rest of it is out of my control.

Unfortunately, some people are slimy assess and don't have the balls to say no in person. This tends to be more prevalent with out of city students because there's less accountability. Always have backups. My advice would be to start looking for backups referees asap.

hey!  yeah I did both.  I even sent a follow-up email asking her if she could let me know if she has received my email.  The deadline for mailed in letters is Nov 21 (so about 2 weeks).  I will probably send her another follow-up email next week, but after that, I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to call?  It's just anxiety provoking, because I feel like once I ask my referee for a letter in person, the rest of it is out of my control.

not to highjack the thread. but the deadline would be extended if your referee is willing to send it in electronically no? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived