Premed 101 Forums

Really Stupid Mistake

drake19

Can anyone please comment on how detrimental this will be.....for the custom CV I completely left out the section on clinical electives done...but I typed out all my electives on the actual carms application....

I can't imagine it makes a difference. They will still see your electives in another section. 

Wow, sorry to hear about that. I don't know, but for the more competitive specialties and from how many applications programs get, I'm not sure if they have the time to cross-reference with the CaRMS application (since those are super long) or if they just look at your CV and tally up the points to decide whether to offer you an interview or not. Is there an academic advisor/counselor whom you can speak to about this, just in case?

Doesn't your MSPR list all your clinical electives anyways?

My Dean's letter only had teh core rotations not the clinical electives - in the US our Dean's letter is done by May/June (since 4th year starts in June)

but no worries I already got 6 interviews in total (3 for the 2 specialties I applied for)....so not posting your clinical electives is not a problem apparently

Archived