Premed 101 Forums

Calculating Gpa From Australia+Canada

Hello all, i need some help with calculating GPA. Struggling:(

I want to apply to PT/OT with Queens and McGill Qualifying year for next term,

1. How do I combine my GPA from first degree and now undergoing 2nd degree?

My first degree is from Australia with low GPA 3.03, 95 credits. My current is 3.43 GPA, 33 credits. When i use a calculator to combine all the 128 credits i get GPA 3.14. Is this the cGPA that Queens and McGill will take?

2. How do i calculate or know which subGPA they will look at?

3. Will they accept my first degree with RMIT university in Australia? I use WES to convert my GPA, will they accept this?

4. I am currently finishing my anatomy and physiology pre-req. If i complete my finals (next week), my GPA might drop to 3.34 due to human physiology. If i drop human physiology, i can maintain 3.43 GPA. McGill do not have pre-reqs, though Queens do. Do you advice me to maintain human Physiology or my GPA and retake next semester?

I have been working on this for many years, I hope I can get into somewhere very soon.

Thanks for reading.

Hello all, i need some help with calculating GPA. Struggling:(

I want to apply to PT/OT with Queens and McGill Qualifying year for next term,

1. How do I combine my GPA from first degree and now undergoing 2nd degree?

My first degree is from Australia with low GPA 3.03, 95 credits. My current is 3.43 GPA, 33 credits. When i use a calculator to combine all the 128 credits i get GPA 3.14. Is this the cGPA that Queens and McGill will take?

2. How do i calculate or know which subGPA they will look at?

3. Will they accept my first degree with RMIT university in Australia? I use WES to convert my GPA, will they accept this?

4. I am currently finishing my anatomy and physiology pre-req. If i complete my finals (next week), my GPA might drop to 3.34 due to human physiology. If i drop human physiology, i can maintain 3.43 GPA. McGill do not have pre-reqs, though Queens do. Do you advice me to maintain human Physiology or my GPA and retake next semester?

I have been working on this for many years, I hope I can get into somewhere very soon.

Thanks for reading.

I'm currently working towards applications too... stressful process eh? I don't know about your first degree, but this link shows you how to calculate you sub GPA: http://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/how-is-my-sub-gpa-calculated/ 

There are also a few forums in the past where people post their cGPA and sGPA, and which schools the were accepted/rejected. Give that a search. Hope it helps!

Need some opinions especially if someone has been in this situation before. I am applying to Queen's and McGill Qualifying PT and OT for next year. With Queen's I should be completing my pre-reqs by next week, but since I can still do it up until June 2015, I want to drop Human physiology, which I'm not doing too too great and will drag down my current GPA. Next semester I can take Exercise Physiology instead. Has anyone been in this situation before? Should I just drop it and maintain a higher sGPA or will it be a bad sign to be accepted?

Thanks in advance.

Archived