Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Family

drake19

Does McGill usually only offer interview invites to those that did electives in Quebec/McGill? So far received 9 interviews (Neurology and Family) including Sherbrooke (even though I never did any elective in Quebec) didn't get one from McGilll..

i'm pretty sure one does not have to do an elective to get an invitation

Interview offers are sent out in waves based on experiences last year. I don't know how they decide who gets interviews first because from my med school class, some of my classmates received interviews earlier in the week, whereas I heard later. And no, you do not have to do an elective there to get an interview.

Just got a McGill Invite, USMG here.

nvm also got a US-MG invite to McGill - hope these invites are not sloppy seconds since so many people received invites last week....my understanding is that some programs pre-rank you before your interview....so getting an invite this late hopefully will not mean they ranked us at the lower end.;...if I'm ranked at the lower end  traveling all the way to Montreal will be a huge waste of time...plus they will keep us the entire day....sincerely some of the rants that are inside my head right now.

I doubt it, it sounds like they do waves. Considering that all of the dates were still available I doubt that this had anything to do with ranking. It makes sense that they would offer to Quebec students first. From what I've heard its hard to prerank in family med since they invite like 500 people to interview, they will give us a score for both the application and then interview and then just rank us based on total score. 

Archived