Premed 101 Forums

Hey all,

I'm looking into universities in the UK offering MSc of PT. I couldn't find too many message threads on this topic so I thought I'd start one. If anyone has experience in studying in or applying for schools in the UK, specifically Glasgow Caledonian University or any schools in England, I would very much like to hear about your experience!

Also, does anyone have their hands on a site with a PCE passing percentage for each school abroad?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the tip. I noticed that Robert Gordon is USA accredited when doing my research on schools abroad, but as I want to work back in Canada not sure if that would be relevant. (Unless the American version of PCE is very similar to Canada's...?)

I just don't know how good some of these UK schools are... I don't want to end up going to a community college equivalent!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Robert Gordon University has an excellent program, and transfers back to Canada just fine. In fact, they have a lot more practical time than some other schools, so you are actually a very competent physiotherapist by the end of it. You might even find that you want to stick around in the UK afterwards! I think all foreign trained physios no matter where you go are going to have to undergo the ~7 month regimen of doing practical and written exams to qualify to practice in Canada. You can look at Australia or the States, but a lot of them are DPT programs and you're paying into the triple digits just for tuition.

Hey all,

I'm looking into universities in the UK offering MSc of PT. I couldn't find too many message threads on this topic so I thought I'd start one. If anyone has experience in studying in or applying for schools in the UK, specifically Glasgow Caledonian University or any schools in England, I would very much like to hear about your experience!

Also, does anyone have their hands on a site with a PCE passing percentage for each school abroad?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey hotwheels_11, 

I was looking on this site for OT in the UK. Changed the parameters for PT. Hope it helps!

http://www.postgraduatesearch.com/postgraduate/physiotherapy-other-therapies/uk/study/postgraduate-browse.htm

-IC

Archived