Premed 101 Forums

Any Advices For Post Interview Hold?

• 2 weeks later...

I think generally, it's advisable to send an update letter when major changes to your application have occured that could improve your standing at the school. No one likes to read a letter that tells them nothing new has happened...or one that promises that something is going to happen. Send your letter when you've done something substantial - that should be the primary determinant of when you send the update.

I think generally, it's advisable to send an update letter when major changes to your application have occured that could improve your standing at the school. No one likes to read a letter that tells them nothing new has happened...or one that promises that something is going to happen. Send your letter when you've done something substantial - that should be the primary determinant of when you send the update.

So the things I'm planning to do or already finished are:

1. just finished one semester of english prereq (just need one)

2. definitely going to start shadowing in a hospital, most likely in Buffalo. never shadowed before and I heard it's a big thing in the states.

3. applying for some committee positions at two healthcare organizations (already with these organizations for quite some time)

I was thinking about sending them a letter right now and telling them these plans, then another letter around early March as a summary. But since they are not going to make the alternate list until late March, would you recommend just sending the letter around early March then? I know these activities might sound trivia but I think i'm still going to send a letter anyways, just because doing something is always better than doing nothing.

Archived