Premed 101 Forums

Applying To French Universities

loki22

Kind of discouraged reading about the CRC requirements for attending UdM, uLaval and Sherbrooke. Am I understanding correctly that if one completes his Bachelor in Political Science for example, with a 3.7 GPA he has absolutely no chance at even making the cutoff due to the indice de

force de discipline? 

Max CRC that one can get with that particular bachelor is 30, even though i heard the cutoff is 33 for admissions? Am I understanding this correctly or am I completely off target?

Thanks!!

For laval yes. Some programmes will never allow you to be eligible to apply, even if you have 100% in everything. Also, there's no 2nd UG policy. In other words, if you do 1 UG in say, philosophy, and you do a 2nd UG in biology with perfect GPA, you most likely still won't have an interview at Laval.

You can't predict for Sherbrooke and UdeM.

For example you graduated last year with a 3.85 in biochemistry. You have graduated and since then have not done any further schooling. This year, it can give you a certain R score, and the next year it can be very different.

For example, at sherbrooke, 2 cycles ago, they gave me 33.5, with an incomplete undergrad. With my last semester in, my GPA was higher, and they gave me 30 during the last application cycle.

Same goes for U of Montreal. Those two schools are just purely random.

Archived