Premed 101 Forums

Dal Fm-Em Combined Program

benge88

I wouldn't bank of matching this unfortunately - I think it is VERY heavily favored to Dal med students, especially those that have done a lot of rural emerg/FM. I submitted separate letters from emerg docs and actually ranked it #1 (knowing that my number #2 choice was actually my number #1 choice, which is what I ended up getting). But yes, it is the same interview, but you can submit different letters tailored exactly towards that program as well.

Your only shot of matching to it will be to do what I did - rank it number 1 and then recognize that your number 2 is actually your 'pseudo' number 1 (if that makes sense). Remember, caRMS match favors the applicant, not the school, so it's OK to do this.

Unfortunately, unless you have crazy ties to the community and can somehow show that you are meant to match to it over the rural Dal students, don't hold your breath :)

It is a really cool program though, and would be super nice to have a guaranteed CCFP-EM without having to go back through caRMS for the R3.    

Archived