Premed 101 Forums

Hmm

If we're honest with ourselves I think most people are still incessantly checking the thread even though there will be no news for another month or so.  Anyone else feeling nervous ?

Yup!

I really wish MUN would send out NB/PEI/OOP decisions in February too. MUN is my top choice; if they were to accept me, I would withdraw immediately from all other competitions and save the thousands I'm going to spend going to Ontario for interviews. But acceptances for MUN for PEI don't come out until just after Ontario interviews are over.

I keep checking hoping someone has heard they changed their minds. :-D

If we're honest with ourselves I think most people are still incessantly checking the thread even though there will be no news for another month or so.  Anyone else feeling nervous ?

Yes, yes and yes. I'm so happy I'm not the only one! This cycle is driving me crazy. I'm both very excited but also sick about the whole thing! I agree with Birdy, I'm from NB and I really wish I could find out along with the NLers. Ever since it has turned Janurary 1st, 2015, my mind has been on one thing and one thing only.

Yes, yes and yes. I'm so happy I'm not the only one! This cycle is driving me crazy. I'm both very excited but also sick about the whole thing! I agree with Birdy, I'm from NB and I really wish I could find out along with the NLers. Ever since it has turned Janurary 1st, 2015, my mind has been on one thing and one thing only.

As an islander, I agree X10000.....

Yup!

I really wish MUN would send out NB/PEI/OOP decisions in February too. MUN is my top choice; if they were to accept me, I would withdraw immediately from all other competitions and save the thousands I'm going to spend going to Ontario for interviews. But acceptances for MUN for PEI don't come out until just after Ontario interviews are over.

I keep checking hoping someone has heard they changed their minds. :-D

That is frustrating as students where we need to be conscientious about our finances, even though these applications and interviews are definitely worth the investment.

I'd even be content with decisions being postponed until March and have everyone find out at the same time.  Once one group of residents starts finding out, the anxiety will just continue to get worse for the rest of the applicants.  You can't help but feel happy for them, but also a little bit envious...

Yes! I think the reason they delay it is because up until Feb or so, they only look at Newfoundlanders' applications. Apparently the admissions team goes over every application rigorously. Then they take a look at OOP (this is only an idea I've come up with through compiling a bunch of things I've heard). It does suck that it takes a really long time, but it is nice to know that many pairs of eyes are looking at our applications, not just one. 

Yes! I think the reason they delay it is because up until Feb or so, they only look at Newfoundlanders' applications. Apparently the admissions team goes over every application rigorously. Then they take a look at OOP (this is only an idea I've come up with through compiling a bunch of things I've heard). It does suck that it takes a really long time, but it is nice to know that many pairs of eyes are looking at our applications, not just one. 

It looks like they've already started looking at non-NLer applications. Recently got an email from them with a question about my application. Scared the crap outta me when I saw it.

It looks like they've already started looking at non-NLer applications. Recently got an email from them with a question about my application. Scared the crap outta me when I saw it.

Oh god! any time I get contacted by admissions, I have a mini heart-attack. Well only about 50ish more days now! I bet the fact that they are asking you questions is a good sign for you  :)

Oh god! any time I get contacted by admissions, I have a mini heart-attack. Well only about 50ish more days now! I bet the fact that they are asking you questions is a good sign for you  :)

And all the email said was "Please contact admissions ASAP". Really got my heart pounding.

As much as I wish it was a good sign, I doubt it really means anything. Sounded more administrative than anything else.

And all the email said was "Please contact admissions ASAP". Really got my heart pounding.

As much as I wish it was a good sign, I doubt it really means anything. Sounded more administrative than anything else.

Maybe they want to contact you because you are off the charts good, that they want you before any other medical school has the chance to swoop in and steal you. 

Has anyone else, by chance, been contacted to confirm details of their application ?  

I had no idea that we were supposed to send our fall transcripts. Do they specify for this?

When they sent out the interview confirmation letters in October, at the bottom there was a section where they listed things remaining for your application.  If 

you're currently attending school, you probably got an X beside: "An up to date transcript from ___________________ University when it becomes available" (aka after

first semester)

When they sent out the interview confirmation letters in October, at the bottom there was a section where they listed things remaining for your application.  If 

you're currently attending school, you probably got an X beside: "An up to date transcript from ___________________ University when it becomes available" (aka after

first semester)

I don't think there's a crazy rush though. When I got called for my interview (yeah, I forgot to check my junk folder haha) she said just send your transcripts when they become available. I told her mine would be a bit later since I'm doing my MHSc. and she said thats totally fine. 

first semester)

Yes, I remember that, but I didn't realize that there was some sort of deadline, or I thought they would notify us if they needed it, it at least told us where to send them to? Like do we send them to CarMs or to the univeristy itself?

I'll call and ask, but thanks for clarifying!

Yes, I remember that, but I didn't realize that there was some sort of deadline, or I thought they would notify us if they needed it, it at least told us where to send them to? Like do we send them to CarMs or to the univeristy itself?

I was confused about it too... I thought that the transcripts I had sent for Sept hadn't gotten there so I called MUN's office and she told me to send them directly to CaRMS 

once my marks were released in December after first semester.  

I wouldn't worry about it  :) , i'd just get them in as soon as you can.

Don't worry about it at all! If you haven't sent it in yet, and admissions hasn't ask for it, it probably just means they haven't looked at your application in great detail yet (prob busy with NLers). Just send it in to CaRMS now :)

Archived