Premed 101 Forums

Chances?

blue_panda

Hi all,

I currently have a 3.87 cGPA and 3.91 sGPA. I have taken the MCAT 3 times and have gotten 34 (8/11/15), 33 (10/10/13), and 34 (8/11/15). I am worried that I will get red-flagged for my low verbal score (8) and the fact that I've taken the MCAT 3 times. How big of an impact do you think this will have on my application and do you guys think I have any chances of getting into a mid to low teir US MD school?

Thanks for the Advice!

Thank you guys for responding! I think I am more at ease now. Here is a list of schools I am currently considering:

Albert Einstein

Boston U

Case Western

Central Michigan

Rosalind Franklin

Dartmouth

Geroge Washington

Gerogetown

Mount Sinai

Lom Linda

Medical College of Wisconsin

New York Medical College

Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine (Dunno if still friendly to Canadians?)

Pennsylvania State

U Penn

Saint Louis School of medicine

Thomas Jefferson

State University of New York Upstate

Brown

Kentucky

University of Virginia

Virgina Commonwealth

Waynestate

Cornell

Are there any schools that I missed or should not include?

Thanks in Advance

Oakland definitely is still friendly as of this current cycle, and add MSU-CHM as well.

Okay good to know! And I have added MSU-CHM to the list

I have a couple of other questions regarding MD in the US and was wondering what you guys think:

1). I have heard that many of the lower-teir schools will reject applicants who have higher stats than their school avgs just because they know that you won't go to their school even if accepted. Should I trim down the number of lower tier schools?

2). I've also looked around the forum and have seen a few posts that suggest matching to US residency is difficult for Canadian graduates. Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to end up spending $300+ K on a MD degree and not be able to match to residency afterwards.

Thanks in advance for insights/answers.

Thank you guys for responding! I think I am more at ease now. Here is a list of schools I am currently considering:

Albert Einstein

Boston U

Case Western

Central Michigan

Rosalind Franklin

Dartmouth

Geroge Washington

Gerogetown

Mount Sinai

Lom Linda

Medical College of Wisconsin

New York Medical College

Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine (Dunno if still friendly to Canadians?)

Pennsylvania State

U Penn

Saint Louis School of medicine

Thomas Jefferson

State University of New York Upstate

Brown

Kentucky

University of Virginia

Virgina Commonwealth

Waynestate

Cornell

Are there any schools that I missed or should not include?

Thanks in Advance

wouldnt bother, but add more schools

Archived