Premed 101 Forums

Appendicitis

Guest noncestvrai

Guest noncestvrai

I would like to know, after being operated (Appendectomy by laparoscopy with general anesthesia) how much time usually is necessary to get back to normal life, i.e. without post-op pain, general "bizarre" feelings?

Thanks a lot, and I am waiting for interviews...I hope I will be top shape by then.

And I am still in the final stages of my grad degree...I guess you don't control the timing these things...arg!

noncestvrai

I got my appendix out last summer, also during a critical point in my grad degree. There must be a correlation with stres :\

Every day I felt like 1000% better than the day before. I was up and around after 3 days, but the pain to move from sitting to lying or standing lasted a few weeks.

My surgery was 6 months ago and the scar has faded a lot.

Get well soon! :)

XIAP

Guest noncestvrai

Yeah I feel better now, it's been a week, but the pain by moving/standing/sitting is still there, but no more of that referred shoulder pain, I have not been to work...I have trouble seeing myself doing experiments, I can write a bit, but not too much.

I still have to finish my last application, before Jan 15th...almost there, but then the thesis arg!

I'm a big boy, I'll manage.

Thanks XIAP.

noncestvrai

Archived