Premed 101 Forums

IB Transcripts

Guest Lactic Folly

Guest Lactic Folly

For those who did IB in high school (especially English/Bio prerequisites for medicine), did medical schools require you to request IBO to send out transcripts, or could they obtain them from your university registrar somehow? My university transcript only lists credit for those courses, not the mark. (I still have my diploma with the marks printed by dot-matrix.. dunno if med schools would accept a copy of that.. heh :P )

I will probably check with each school later down the road, but I was hoping to hear from those who have firsthand experience in the happy application process.. thanks :)

Guest summervirus

I was a full IB (diploma) student. I did not have to send my IB transcripts to UC, Queen's, or Western. The only school I had to send transcripts to is UA. But, the transcripts aren't for the medical school. Rather, the Office of the Registrar requests all incoming students send their IB transcripts to determine entrance scholarships.

Guest Lactic Folly

Yes, I guess there's that full IB entrance award.. so they had you write to IB in New York for the transcript? That's interesting.. I would have thought UofA med school would want to see IB marks since English is a prerequisite, unless you did some more English or had the mark on your transcript?

Guest summervirus

I asked my highschool IB coordinator to request a copy of my transcripts to be sent to the University of Alberta. She happily agreed. :)

Actually, I didn't use any of my IB credits. I redid all my courses (including English) for the "easy" 4.0. :D

Archived