Premed 101 Forums

What are the requirements for med school?

Guest Karmugi

Guest Karmugi

Hello,

I am in university right now and I want to know what the requirements for med schools are. I've been hearing so much stuff like they want english, one year of university physics and everything, I just want to know more information on this. Any websites to find this information would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Karm

Guest aneliz

Every school has different pre-req requirements. You are going to have to check with each school that you are interested in to make sure that you meet their requirements.

Most schools have this information available online. Ian has posted links to each faculty of medicine's webpage at the top of the forum dedicated to that school. (ie you can find a link to Mac's faculty of med at the top of the Mac forum).

I don't think that there is any reliable and up to date site in existence that will give you a listing of the pre-reqs for every school.

Guest Talon01

Hey - check out the OUAC site under professional programs. There should be a link which will allow you to download a 'guide' which contains all the requirements for each school. The only disadvantage is that it will be last years requirements. However, it will still give you a 'rough' idea.

~Scotty :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aneliz

I caution you that the information on that site for UWO is out of date...so be careful!!!

And as for where they got the 'average entering GPA', I have NO idea...that information is NEVER released (and I don't think even calculated) by UWO. The average GPA in the entering class is one of those closely guarded, never revealed secrets like "what number am I on the waiting list?"

Problems with the UWO info up there:

1. # Admitted fall 2001 = 118 NOT 133

# Admitted fall 2202 onwards = 133

2. Current MCAT requirements are 9,9,9 Q (not P)

3. Full year Orgo can now be 0.5 Orgo and 0.5 biochem too...

4. Minimum GPA is now 3.70

5. There is NO special consideration for students with a '519' phone number...there is some special consideration for students from Southwestern Ontario (but it isn't based on phone number) and it is only given AFTER the interview stage

6. Tuition for ALL years is $14000 +

I don't know how accurate the info for the other schools is...but I wouldn't trust anything that didn't come directly from the school in question or from OMSAS!

Good luck! :)

Archived