Premed 101 Forums

Will Taking Easy Undergrad Courses To Boost Gpa Affect My Chances At University?

Will taking easy undergrad courses to boost GPA affect my chances at university?

I heard the rigor of your school, and the courses you take are taken into account for American med schools. Is this true?

Thanks!

Not really, they won't know much difference nor care to look extensively at your transcript course names.

Will taking easy undergrad courses to boost GPA affect my chances for medical school?

I heard the rigor of your school, and the courses you take are taken into account for American med schools. Is this true?

Thanks!

They might not for Canadian schools. Depends on how well the admissions team knows but there is no way any admissions team will adjust too much, it could perhaps break a tie but if you think one school is harder on GPA than another, pick the easier school as they never account for the entire difference if they do at all.

Also, they won't know what is a bird course at a school and what isn't. Bird courses can be different at different schools. 

Archived