Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisted At U Of M

First of all congratulations on being on the wait list, it appears that all PA programs are becoming very popular and very competitive. I wouldn't expect to see some movement until U of T and Mac send out their offers this might free a few places (MMIs are 4th and 2nd of May respectively, offers will happen at some point after this), ultimately there maybe no movement until the acceptance date and the programs know who has accepted and who has declined.

Best of luck and hope the wait isn't too long.

I haven't applied to this program, but I'm guessing (perhaps) a couple people who applied may be waiting for decisions from other schools (perhaps for med school or other programs even), so it depends largely on when those results come out. I would expect a little movement after May 12th since that's when Ontario medical schools release acceptances / rejections. Could be later though

• 2 months later...

Any word on movement of the UofM wait list?

Yeah, they sent me an email that they wanted to increase the class size to 18 but they just received the final word that they don't have enough funding. I emailed Carmela (admissions person) and she said I'm still on the waitlist but she said 'not likely' for me. Just email her and find out! 

Yeah, they sent me an email that they wanted to increase the class size to 18 but they just received the final word that they don't have enough funding. I emailed Carmela (admissions person) and she said I'm still on the waitlist but she said 'not likely' for me. Just email her and find out! 

I also recommend calling her. I've emailed her on numerous occasions and she wouldn't email back. I would just straight up call her (you can find her number on the Manitoba website) and she was always there. Perhaps some of the emails just don't go through. 

Archived