Premed 101 Forums

Entering Grades

Hi,

I'm entering my grades onto AMCAS right now and had one question. I am aware that AMCAS doesn't have the grade of "A" and that they go straight from "A-" to "A+'. However, my school does assign "A"s. I was wondering if I got an "A", if I should enter it as it appears on my transcript and let them make the necessary conversion to "A+" (which is what I'm thinking) or if I should just make it an "A+"?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm entering my grades onto AMCAS right now and had one question. I am aware that AMCAS doesn't have the grade of "A" and that they go straight from "A-" to "A+'. However, my school does assign "A"s. I was wondering if I got an "A", if I should enter it as it appears on my transcript and let them make the necessary conversion to "A+" (which is what I'm thinking) or if I should just make it an "A+"?

Thanks!

I'm not sure where you got the information that there is no A? They most certainly do. They will take your grades and transcript and apply the most relevant conversion to calculate your various GPAs on the 4.0 scale.

Enter it as it is on your transcript. 

Entering anything other than what is explicitly written on your transcript, will cause them to delay your application in order to verify and fix your mistakes.

Also read the AMCAS instruction carefully. I made so many mistakes on my primary last year that I don't even know how my application was not rejected. For example, specify the courses that you are going to take in the next year as "planned" (for exemple if you plan to take English in the application year). Also, you need to specify the lab components if it's not shown on your transcript (I think you need to add "+lab" or something like that at the end of course description if that course has a lab component).

Most important thing, enter exactly as it appears on your transcript. One thing you don't want to happen is for AMCAS to return your application for change after 5 weeks of reviewing, and resubmit and wait for another 5 weeks.

Archived