Premed 101 Forums

Mcat 2015 Resources

Heisenberg_

I'm trying to organize myself for the 2015 MCAT. Two questions: 

1. I've purchased all of the AAMC practice questions. How good is the Kaplan online prep course? Which company produces the best prep books/courses?

2. I'm working around 40 hours/week. If I am writing the test on September 3rd, is it reasonable to expect to do well if I study 2 hours/day on weekdays and 6 hours/day on weekends, with a full 8 hours every day in August?

Thanks! 

1. http://www.**DELETED**.com/r/Mcat/wiki/mcat2015exam

2. I think your schedule is a bit too busy, It's generally not advised to be working full time when preparing for the MCAT. It seems like you aren't working full time in August though, which is good. Working 40 hours a week might be burdensome, however. If it exhausts you from studying properly then you should consider cutting back some hours. Remember, MCAT is just as important (if not more) as your other parts of your application. Make sure that you're putting the right amount of effort. 

it depends on your background and how well you can study.  I took 6-7 weeks of prep in the middle of my school semester (with the bonus of reading week and easter though) and it went okay so your time line seem more than generous to me.  More studying is required if you have new material that you need to learn, so your existing knowledge base is very important in determining study time.  Be careful not to burn out before taking the exam, and remember to take breaks to allow your brain to consolidate the new information. 

Archived