Premed 101 Forums

To declare or not to declare?

Guest determined

Guest determined

Hi there - I have a question re: the academic transcript requirement on the OMSAS website.

I know I have to declare all my undergrad courses, and have already done so with the courses from my degree.

However, since doing my degree I've taken a couple of continuing education courses, and I'm not sure whether to count them in my academic record.

The first was from the U of T school of continuing studies - not a degree-credit course, just a for-interest accounting course, but it was at an introductory university level.

Next, this year I'm planning to take an Anatomy and Physiology course from Ryerson Continuing Ed, which *is* a degree credit course, but I'm not sure whether to include it on my record because I'll only have barely started when my application goes in.

Any thoughts? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

C

Guest aneliz

You are required to declare and submit transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions you have attended (even if only for one course). For example, people that pick up a couple of courses towards their degree at School X from school Y need to submit transcripts from both school X and school Y...regardless of whether the credits appear on the transcript of school X as transfer credits... and any other courses that you take (regardless of whether they are being counted towards any degree at any school) must be declared.

This includes any courses from universities, community colleges, technical schools, continuing education, distance education, etc.

If they find that your application is incomplete or contains errors (intentional or otherwise), they can refuse you admission or revoke an admission offer. While this probably wouldn't happen, I for one would not want to chance it!

Guest determined

Thanks - I certainly wouldn't want to withhold any pertinent information - I guess I was just concerned that providing `extra' information about courses that weren't degree-related would seem over-eager.

C

Archived