Premed 101 Forums

Trying To Stay Hopeful... Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and I just had a question to ask you guys regarding OT admissions. I found out today that I am number 8 on the wait list at University of Manitoba and I honestly feel so devastated. I was just wondering if there's a chance for me yet to get in for this September with being number 8 on the alternate list. I know there's no way of truly knowing, but do you guys think there's a chance or seen it happen in past years? See the problem is that the email they sent me today said they only have 2 more spots to fill their class of 50 students. This obviously makes me think that I have zero chance now but I wonder if anyone maybe accepted their position at u of m for now to secure a spot but only because they're still waiting to hear back from a more desired school? Or have you heard of anyone just backing out and come say, August they need to contact people on the wait list? Any help would be so extremely appreciated. Just feeling so defeated right now so any glimmer of hope would help.

Hello Ssz1990, don't panic! Email U of M's OT administration office to ask whether the two spots have been filled. Unfortunately, I believe most of the schools have sent out their acceptance letters ( I know for sure that Dalhousie University, and all the Ontario University with an OT program have sent out their offers around May 15th) You are at the top of the wait list, it is possible that wait list 1~ 7 are accepted by other schools or is waiting for other schools' wait list to move down).

Best luck to you!

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and I just had a question to ask you guys regarding OT admissions. I found out today that I am number 8 on the wait list at University of Manitoba and I honestly feel so devastated. I was just wondering if there's a chance for me yet to get in for this September with being number 8 on the alternate list. I know there's no way of truly knowing, but do you guys think there's a chance or seen it happen in past years? See the problem is that the email they sent me today said they only have 2 more spots to fill their class of 50 students. This obviously makes me think that I have zero chance now but I wonder if anyone maybe accepted their position at u of m for now to secure a spot but only because they're still waiting to hear back from a more desired school? Or have you heard of anyone just backing out and come say, August they need to contact people on the wait list? Any help would be so extremely appreciated. Just feeling so defeated right now so any glimmer of hope would help.

My OT mentor went to U of M about five years ago. She said the program regularly does not fill up, which would imply to me that everyone on the waitlist sometimes gets accepted. Don't lose hope, but certainly make a back-up plan for yourself if you haven't already done so. Good luck!

Archived