Premed 101 Forums

Putting In Course Credit?

I understand that the AMCAS application goes by semester hours. However, my school uses credits, where 1.5 credits = 1 full semester course and the labs have 0.0 credits. Also, some of the courses I took didn't even indicate a lab section, but instead the lab sections were predetermined by the lecture you choose. More simply put, the courses definitely had a lab component that was not indicated on the transcript. 

1) Do I put down the credits from my institution for each course or convert to semester hours? (1.5 credits vs. 3 hours/4 hours)

2) Should I add "and lab" to the courses that have not indicated a lab component on the transcript?

The application guide says to put down whatever is on your transcript, which in your case would be 1.5 credits for a full semester course.

You'll probably have to get in touch with AMCAS regarding what to do with the labs, you don't want them looking at your transcript and seeing something different than what's on your application.

I understand that the AMCAS application goes by semester hours. However, my school uses credits, where 1.5 credits = 1 full semester course and the labs have 0.0 credits. Also, some of the courses I took didn't even indicate a lab section, but instead the lab sections were predetermined by the lecture you choose. More simply put, the courses definitely had a lab component that was not indicated on the transcript. 

1) Do I put down the credits from my institution for each course or convert to semester hours? (1.5 credits vs. 3 hours/4 hours)

2) Should I add "and lab" to the courses that have not indicated a lab component on the transcript?

AMCAS WILL correct your transcripts errors for 10 or less, if you make more than 10 errors you're screwed I think. So contact AMCAS before submitting.

Archived