Premed 101 Forums

Brock -Med Plus

Guest notold

Hey notold, I took the liberty of actually visiting the link you typed...as I was flipping through the "Med Plus Newsletter" there was an article written by a former Brock Student in the Med Plus program that is currently in year 1 of medical school at Queens University.

I can't say much for Brock right now, but the Ontario University Fair is coming up next Saturday the 27th, I will have some questions for them regarding their Health Science Program and their Neuroscience program. I noticed you have decided to step back into the academic realm, notold! If you haven't firmly chosen a university then OUF is the place to go to to get your questions answered, especially those ones about college transfer credits. Last year, UWO, MAC and Queens Med Reps were there I believe...this year I would think LU and Lakehead will have reps there for NOMS which might be of interest to you. OUF runs from Thursday the 25th to Saturday the 27th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in downtown Toronto.

Best of Luck!

oh great..sounds like a good place to be next weekend! thanks.

BTW there is also a Health Recruitment convention on the 25th on Bay street. Off the top of my head can't recall by home but I beleive its geared towrds underserviced /rural areas. Think it is put on by PAIRO.

I've just been checking grading schemes going to post another topic on it re the OMSAS conversion.

The health recruitment fairs in Ontario run next week... It is Sept 24 in London.

It is aimed at med students, residents, docs, nurses, PT, OT, etc and involves about 80 different underserviced communities throwing free stuff at the people that attend trying to convince them to come live/work/do locums/electives/etc in their town/area. The medical schools themselves are not represented here (seeing as most people are already in med school) so I don't know how useful it would be to the pre-med crowd.

As for Brock - we have one person in our class from Brock - not sure if they participated in this program or not. I believe that there is also one person in the 2007 class from Brock, again, I don't know if they were part of that program. That said, we have lots of people from other small schools that didn't participate in that kind of program.

Archived