Premed 101 Forums

U Of C Nursing Degree Holder Route Application Questions

tparno

Hey everyone,

I have been researching nursing at University of Calgary for the Degree Holder Route but have a few questions pertaining to the application process. 

The application deadline is September 30th for the January entry but when will they let us know we're accepted?

I want to see if I should apply to other nursing programs that start the following September. Some of their application deadlines are December 1st. Do you think U of C will let me know before Dec 1st? 

I don't want to apply to other nursing programs that start in September if I'm accepted into U of C in January. 

I also can't get any info about interviews. I'm assuming there aren't any?? 

Thank you! Any information is appreciated! 

• 4 weeks later...

There are no interviews. From what my friends who are in the program told me, they look at your last ten courses. The program starts in January, so I would assume you would know by December 1st, and for sure before Christmas at least because I remember my friends getting their vaccinations done. Especially because you are a degree holder your grades would all be in, so you would be hearing by the December 1st deadline. It wouldn't hurt to apply to other schools though but that would just be me. 

Let me know if you have more questions. I have a bunch of friends in the program and I can pass your questions along :)

Archived