Premed 101 Forums

Med app and law app

Guest Soondu

Will the med app people know if I also have a law app in at the same school? How will this affect the app? I'm trying for med but I need to have a backup career in case things just don't work out with my med apps. Will the med app people understand this or will they toss out my app? Anyone else ever applied to more than one program at the same school at the same time?

Thanks

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I don't believe there is any official process whereby medical schools scan other programs' application files. Therefore, most medical schools' admissions offices would be oblivious to your other applications. That being said though, it is not uncommon for folks within medical schools to have contacts in other departments whereby, unofficially, they can learn who has applied where. I saw evidence of this last year within one Faculty of Medicine.

As to tandem applications, it's done all the time, although perhaps not as typically to medicine and law programs. (Quite often, people apply to medical school and graduate school simultaneously.) Medical schools know this. Given the reality of the competition involved in the medical school admissions process, I suspect that medical schools would not prejudice any applicant that does so.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Ian Wong

Heya,

I deleted the duplicate postings of this thread, and moved this question out of the OMSAS forum into the General Premed forum. Please only post your question once, and in the most appropriate forum, as things otherwise get cluttered up very quickly when people start replying to your question.

Thanks!

Ian

Archived