Premed 101 Forums

Ot Schools Gpa Cut-Off 2015

For UBC this year, the GPA cut off for interview consideration was 82%. This information was straight from Sonia (the UBC MOT Student Services Manager). It doesn't mean that you will automatically get an interview if you have over 82%, only that they will look at your application further.

For U of A, I can only give an idea of the GPA by what I've learned from reading this forum and talking to other applicants. 3.6 was the lowest that I saw get accepted. For the waitlist, the lowest was about 3.5.

Mac: to get an interview was 3.69 and I think it dropped a bit after some declined their interview (3.67).

UofT: the min for first offer admission was 3.7 according to the orientation but I think it dropped for those on the waitlist (to what I have no idea)

Queens: they use c-gpa and no one knows what their criteria are...

For UBC this year, the GPA cut off for interview consideration was 82%. This information was straight from Sonia (the UBC MOT Student Services Manager). It doesn't mean that you will automatically get an interview if you have over 82%, only that they will look at your application further.

For U of A, I can only give an idea of the GPA by what I've learned from reading this forum and talking to other applicants. 3.6 was the lowest that I saw get accepted. For the waitlist, the lowest was about 3.5.

Hi, any idea if UBC looks at application that fall below the GPA cut-off..it seems the GPA-cut off increases every year..

Mac: to get an interview was 3.69 and I think it dropped a bit after some declined their interview (3.67).

UofT: the min for first offer admission was 3.7 according to the orientation but I think it dropped for those on the waitlist (to what I have no idea)

Queens: they use c-gpa and no one knows what their criteria are...

For Queens, I have heard applicants with high GPAs getting rejected and those with lower cgpa were offered admission..on their site it stats cgpa of 3.0 and higher are considered for admission..are you applying for 2016 intake?

For Queens, I have heard applicants with high GPAs getting rejected and those with lower cgpa were offered admission..on their site it stats cgpa of 3.0 and higher are considered for admission..are you applying for 2016 intake?

Yea they say that but if you look at those accepted and rejected on this thread it's all over the place so it's hard to say. I had a low gpa and lots of related experience both research and volunteering but I got rejected and someone with similar stats got waitlisted and I think accepted after.

I'm actually going to Uoft this fall :)

Yea they say that but if you look at those accepted and rejected on this thread it's all over the place so it's hard to say. I had a low gpa and lots of related experience both research and volunteering but I got rejected and someone with similar stats got waitlisted and I think accepted after.

I'm actually going to Uoft this fall :)

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your gpa? U of T and Queen's both use ORPAS right? Did you have to submit separate letter of intent for both schools?

Hi, any idea if UBC looks at application that fall below the GPA cut-off..it seems the GPA-cut off increases every year..

That's the answer I got from UBC regarding the cut offs for the interviews. Also she said that next year the cut off will likely continue to increase based on the trends from previous years.

Based on my interpretation, I think that this year any applications with less then 82% were rejected before the interview selection. However, this is just what it sounded like based on the answer I got back so I might be wrong. It wouldn't hurt to contact UBC to try asking.

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your gpa? U of T and Queen's both use ORPAS right? Did you have to submit separate letter of intent for both schools?

Yea they both use orpas. I used he same essay but in hindsight I should have tweaked it for queens because my own was heavy on research which is something I am interested in (Uoft was my first choice and they love research).

I posted my gpa story in this forum - I'm pretty sure I was the outlier of the year.

Yea they both use orpas. I used he same essay but in hindsight I should have tweaked it for queens because my own was heavy on research which is something I am interested in (Uoft was my first choice and they love research).

I posted my gpa story in this forum - I'm pretty sure I was the outlier of the year.

It's nice to hear that gpa isn't the only thing that matters. Were you wait listed for U of T? And do you have any advice for how to write the trend essay and the personal letter of intent? 

Archived