Premed 101 Forums

Differences Between Questions For American And Canadian Dat

A lot of the material suggested here are geared towards the american dat (dat bootcamp/dat destroyer for example). However, I know that the style of questions (and material perhaps?) is different between the canadian and american dat.  

So for those who have taken the canadian dat (or know the style of questions) asked, what are the main differences? I think reading comprehension has a different question style between the canadian and american dat? And what materials should I be using to prepare myself for the canadian dat? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Chemistry: Have many simple calculation questions that can catch you off guard. Even if you make the mistake the choice is there so you can get it wrong pretty easily.

Resemblane: Chad's quiz. Study his style of questions.

Study:

1) Chad's video - try to remember every one of his words :) (I literally mean it). Watch the video repeatedly until it becomes your second nature. If you can hallucinate his voice during DAT - the better. If you are not getting perfect score on his quiz, screen capture the ones you are getting wrong and review them until you know with your heart that you wouldn't make same mistake again. CHEM is pretty easy and you can score well, but you can make a lot of careless mistakes without knowing it. So know your weakness.

2) Study Chem lab safety guide - what are the type of glassware used at certain situation, etc... what do you wear or dry at xxx etc... seems useless but these can let you get a perfect score.

Biology: I took cDAT twice and seems like bio is getting harder and harder. They test some conceptual questions that can really catch you off guard. From what I can remember there aren't practice to prepare for their randomness, but AP biology and Feralis notes give you the knowledge to score decently (22~26). A lot of questions are either you know or dont know. Unless you are majoring in bio, I would spend the least time on bio and spend more time for chem which you can score well if you invest time.

Study: AP Biology (Pay attention to Evolution unit (yes, including frog and birds. They are important), Cell, and evolution tree (yes, know whether fish or reptile came first, their weird names, etc. If you dont care about missing a point or two, then skip this horrible memorization).

Resemblance: honestly cant name one. DAT destroyer def helps. I got a few questions from it. DAT bootcamp helps you to see where you are with your memorization. Study datquvault questions if you have time. They are good practice.

PAT: Crack the PAT is a good source if you are new to this game. Even if you have done the test once, you can redo them after a month and they might seem like a new test (not really if you remember the answer lol. If so, try to give an explanation as to why you are choosing such answer). There is a good angle question generator in dat bootcamp. Practice them everyday if you can. If you need more practice, I recommend Dat bootcamp pat tests. They are seriously so awesome. You may not need it since cDAT pat is pretty easy. But extra practice may get you above 20.

RC: if you are strong at reading, this is not a section you need to worry about

You can go through a few practice test to get hang of what 50 questions in 50 minutes feels like. Honestly cDAT RC is lime search and destroy. Its more like regurgitating what you have read within 5 min and locating the answer. Some questions may seem like multiple T/F style. I dont think I can give out more hints... This is a lot simpler than some questions in American DAT which give you tricky questions.

I hope this helps and feel free to PM me if you have more qs.

Chemistry: Have many simple calculation questions that can catch you off guard. Even if you make the mistake the choice is there so you can get it wrong pretty easily.

Resemblane: Chad's quiz. Study his style of questions.

Study:

1) Chad's video - try to remember every one of his words :) (I literally mean it). Watch the video repeatedly until it becomes your second nature. If you can hallucinate his voice during DAT - the better. If you are not getting perfect score on his quiz, screen capture the ones you are getting wrong and review them until you know with your heart that you wouldn't make same mistake again. CHEM is pretty easy and you can score well, but you can make a lot of careless mistakes without knowing it. So know your weakness.

2) Study Chem lab safety guide - what are the type of glassware used at certain situation, etc... what do you wear or dry at xxx etc... seems useless but these can let you get a perfect score.

Biology: I took cDAT twice and seems like bio is getting harder and harder. They test some conceptual questions that can really catch you off guard. From what I can remember there aren't practice to prepare for their randomness, but AP biology and Feralis notes give you the knowledge to score decently (22~26). A lot of questions are either you know or dont know. Unless you are majoring in bio, I would spend the least time on bio and spend more time for chem which you can score well if you invest time.

Study: AP Biology (Pay attention to Evolution unit (yes, including frog and birds. They are important), Cell, and evolution tree (yes, know whether fish or reptile came first, their weird names, etc. If you dont care about missing a point or two, then skip this horrible memorization).

Resemblance: honestly cant name one. DAT destroyer def helps. I got a few questions from it. DAT bootcamp helps you to see where you are with your memorization. Study datquvault questions if you have time. They are good practice.

PAT: Crack the PAT is a good source if you are new to this game. Even if you have done the test once, you can redo them after a month and they might seem like a new test (not really if you remember the answer lol. If so, try to give an explanation as to why you are choosing such answer). There is a good angle question generator in dat bootcamp. Practice them everyday if you can. If you need more practice, I recommend Dat bootcamp pat tests. They are seriously so awesome. You may not need it since cDAT pat is pretty easy. But extra practice may get you above 20.

RC: if you are strong at reading, this is not a section you need to worry about

You can go through a few practice test to get hang of what 50 questions in 50 minutes feels like. Honestly cDAT RC is lime search and destroy. Its more like regurgitating what you have read within 5 min and locating the answer. Some questions may seem like multiple T/F style. I dont think I can give out more hints... This is a lot simpler than some questions in American DAT which give you tricky questions.

I hope this helps and feel free to PM me if you have more qs.

Hello,

Thank you, this was very helpful!

I was just wondering where I can find the 'Chem lab safety guide."

Thank you!

Archived