Premed 101 Forums

Psych/soc For Ontario Schools

maybenow

Hey so I now the new exams is so new that nobody really knows what's going on, but I thought I'd ask you for your thoughts (any thoughts) regarding scores for Psych/soc. 

Schools like western have traditionally been really big on verbal and the bio section, and not as big on the chem/physics section. So that's why I'm asking about psych/soc... because I'm wondering if they'll "care" as much about this new section, in the same way that they emphasized some sections over others on the older exam. 

• 3 weeks later...

yea it's true, it's all up in the air.

I guess what I meant is, some schools used to weigh certain sections more heavily than they did others. And now there's a whole new psych/soc section, so it's like... will they emphasize it, or de-emphasize it, you know?

I know what you mean, but the answer's still the same - we don't know. Unless a school posts their cutoff ahead of time or provides some indication as to where they're leaning, we won't know until after the fact.

My random guess is that this new section probably will not matter much for this upcoming cycle.

That's just a random guess but it's not the real issue anyways. The real issue is that no one can ever bank on the current cycle, and your MCAT score could be good for up to 5 years. It would suck if you did really well on the other sections, bombed the new one, and ended up applying in the cycles after this one.

Archived