Premed 101 Forums

Information Needed For When I Reapply To Physical Therapy

Hello,

So i recently applied for physical therapy and unfortunately did not get accept in either of the school I applied for. It was my first time applying so yes, I am definitely a bit down but am looking forward towards applying for next year. 

I was hoping someone could give me some information in regards to applying again. Do schools care what level courses I take. (I prefer to take 1st and 2nd year courses because they are easier than 3rd and 4th.) 

I saw on UofT's site that they prefer 3rd and 4th. what about Queens Mac, Western etc. 

Secondly when redoing courses? I ended with a B in one of my courses and i want to bump that up, If i retake the course and finish with a higher mark, will they supplement that mark for the previous mark or will they take both into account. 

thirdly, I'm looking to take a first year basic psychology course since i feel the ones i have already taken are a bit narrow. If i take it second semester, i know that it will not count towards my GPA but will it show that I have taken a psychology course?

Also, if anyone else knows anything more in regards to reapplying it would be much appreciated. 

and good luck to all those that got accepted. 

and for those that didn't, don't give up! 

Thanks, 

Toronto will only count senior level courses taken outside of your degree to upgrade. Unsure of other schools. 

For repeated courses, if both the B and the upgraded mark fall under the most recent 20 courses, both will count towards the subGPA.

And yes, for prerequisites the course must show "in progress" on your transcript when applying, then you will have to prove that you successfully completed the course before being accepted into the program. 

Archived