Premed 101 Forums

Need Advice

Guest Tal

Hi, I already posted this in the MCAT forum, but I wasn't sure if people would see it there and I really want some feedback as soon as I can get it. Sorry for posting this twice, thanks!

Unfortunatly I got a 7 on one of the mcat subtests (and no it wasn't verbal). My other three scores are well above the minumums. I wanted to apply to U of T, Western and Queens. I called them today and U of T told me right away don't bother. But Queens and Western told me they don't know the cut-offs this year, and Darla (at Western) told me that depending on the applicant pool the minumums have gone as low as 7 some years. If I just meet the cut-offs to get an interview the rest of my application is pretty good.

What would any of you reccomend doing? I guess I need to decide pretty soon to tell my referees what to to (send or not send my references).

Thanks in advance! And congrats to those who did well :)

Guest doctorfunk

Hi,

From what I gather, you've already completed the specific school submissions. Thus, my recommendation would be to apply and hope things turn out good. Nevertheless, the reason Queen's and UWO have cutoffs is to narrow down the applicant pool to a managable number. Tough decision.

Guest Ian Wong

Hi there,

While I appreciate that you've got a timely decision to make, posting the same question in two different forums in order to get a more rapid reply isn't the way to go about things. You can imagine how disorganized things would get if the same question appeared on multiple forums; people would quickly lose track of which thread they replied to, and the net result would be more confusion.

As a result, I'm closing this thread, and re-directing things to the MCAT forum, where your question can be accessed in this thread.

pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm19.showMessage?topicID=233.topic

Thanks,

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Archived