Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest DiscoStu

I'm a NS resident Graduated in 2003 with BScH in Neuroscience from DAL. My GPA was 3.83/4.3 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 8

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 9

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by Dalhousie on March 1st. This is my 3rd time applying (Guess 3 is my lucky number).

I got into a couple of other schools, but of all the schools I applied to, I'm gonna come back to Dal (Home, Sweet, Home).

See y'all in Aug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kayos

I'm a NS resident...just finished my BSc at Dal (Honours in Microbiology and Immunology).

GPA: 4.1/4.3 (OMSAS 3.93/4)

MCAT: 10/10/P/10

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying and I have turned down Ottawa and U of T to come to Dal!! Can't wait to meet everyone in August!!!

Guest hellermk

Hey there, did you get your acceptance in the mail today? or did you get it awhile ago b/c you're a NS resident? thanks for the clarification.

Guest CaesarCornelius

Guys,

Please leave this thread for acceptances/rejections only. Start a new thread to ask questions to specific individuals. Otherwise this gets too messy.

I will try to delete the posts that are not regarding specific acceptances/rejections.

Thanks

CC

Guest Med Man 902

I am a NS resident and have a BSc Kinesiology (honors). My MCAT score was 26 (not really sure of the breakdown) and my GPA was 3.8. I received Dal's acceptance letter with great excitment yesterday (Wednesday May 11)!!!! I will be accepting a place in the class of 2009. Good luck to all out there waiting.

Guest Xanadu432

I'm a NS resident and received a deferral email earlier today. The note had roughly the same content as Dal's admissions FAQ: 1) they're not ready to make a decision; 2) the committee meets again at the end of June to review all deferred candidates; and 3) letters will be mailed out after that late-June meeting.

Guest jenstar

From Ontario but was considered to be in the Maritime pool (my parents live in Halifax)...

first time applying to dal.. and I really wanted to go there! After the interview, I fell in love with the school :) .

MCAT: 29O

GPA : 3.9

MHSc in Community Health & Epidemilogy & B.Sc in Health Studies

1 year work experience in a clinical research institute. No publications as of yet...

I'm an Ontario resident and I just finished my undergrad degree at Queen's. My GPA was 3.95/4.0 (don't know the Dal conversion) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 14

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school. Dal has been my first choice all along, so I'll see you in August!!!!!!!

Guest MikeD

I'm an Ontario resident with a degree in Systems Design Engineering from Waterloo...some biomedical engineering grad experience too. My GPA was 3.94/4.0, MCAT 33S:

I was accepted by Dalhousie, and am 95% sure I'll be going. Dal is my personal favorite, but I'm gonna see what works best with my gf in mind.

Guest druggist

Hey everyone,

I received my acceptance letter to Dal Med this morning (Wed., May 18th).

I am graduating from a B.Sc. (Pharm.) (Pharmacy degree that is) from Dal and I have a a 3.95/4.30 GPA and a 36Q MCAT.

I also received acceptance at MUN but will be accepting Dal's offer.

Cheers

Guest pinkgal

I'm an OOP applicant and received my letter last week.

I'm very low on the waitlist so I won't be going to Dal :(

My GPA was 3.6/4.0 (83%)

MCAT 31M

Biological Science - 11

Physical Science - 10

Verbal Reasoning - 10

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MDforMe

Maritime applicant. Accepted...letter dated June10/05

NS resident: BHSc- Dal

GPA 3.7

MCAT 26R (8,9,9)

Pleasantly surprised (read: thrilled) to be accepted. See you in August.:)

Archived