Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Hi all,

Here's a quick questionnaire regarding the admissions process at Dalhousie. We ran this questionnaire last year, and I'd like to keep it going on an annual basis so we can generate some profiles of applicants who have been accepted, rejected, or placed on a waitlist for each school. If you are applying this year, please take a few minutes to fill out the below questions. :)

Please keep all replies focussed as answers to the below; I will delete any non-answers in this thread. If you have any questions, please start a new thread so that this one stays on topic. Please check out the big thread in the General Premed Forum as well to let us know which schools accepted you, and which ones waitlisted you or rejected you: pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm0.showMessage?topicID=648.topic

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too. :)

------

I'm a (Province) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by Dalhousie. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

------

Ian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MD2006

I'm a Nova Scotia resident, finished my BSC, in 2000.

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Dalhousie.

GPA: Cummulative: 3.65

Last two years: 4.12

MCAT: <30 :\

Guest NBsmurf

I'm a New Brunswick resident. Finished a B.Sc (Biology) at UNB Saint John and am presently completing a M.Sc. (Medical Sciences) at McMaster University.

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Dalhousie as my first choice.

GPA: Cumulative: 3.7

Last two years: 3.8

MCAT: 29

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arcticaguy

I'm a Nova Scotia resident. Finished a B.Sc. (Biochem/physics) at Mount Allison in 2002. This was my first time applying and was accepted by Dalhousie, my first choice.

Guest smu2001

I'm a Nova Scotia resident, finished my BSC, Bio major at SMU in 2001.

I was rejected by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO.

GPA: Cummulative: 3.575

Last two years: 4.035

MCAT: 30, Q

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Nova Scotia resident. Finished my BScH in Biology from Acadia 2002.

I was rejected by Dalhousie...letter dated June 25th. This was my first time applying to medical school.

GPA: 4.0/4.0

MCAT 8/9/M/10 :o

• 11 months later...
Guest eJaya

I thought I'd start this thread back up for the new entering class since everyone should be hearing back VERY soon! (Good Luck!)

I am a Nova Scotia resident, finished my chem/biochem degree at UWO in 2001 and will finish my MSc at UofT in August this year (hopefully!)

This was second time applying (although the first time I had no chance with my 2nd year GPA :) )

Was accepted!

Letter dated June 10, 2003!

GPA: 3.7/3.9

MCAT: 8/9/R/10

MCAT #2: 9/10/Q/8

Guest KookyChemist

I am a Nova Scotia resident and this is my third time applying to Dalhousie. I graduated from St FX with a BSc Chemistry in 2001. I was waitlisted at UWO and Ottawa, and accepted by Dalhousie. My MCAT was 10/10/10/Q and average at St FX was ~ 88%, so whatever that works out to on the GPA scale.

Guest DalHopeful

I'm a Nova Scotia resident and I just graduated from Dal with a Hons. BSc in Neuroscience. My GPA was 3.96 (all 4 years) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: O (:\ )

I only applied to Dalhousie and I will accept their offer of admission.

Guest novacanuck

I'm a Nova Scotia resident with my BSc in Biology--minor in French and Chemistry. My GPA was 3.9/4.0 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (10)

Verbal: (9)

Biological Sciences: (10)

Written Sample: (P)

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Dalhousie or Ottawa but I'm on the wait list at Ottawa so I will be accepting my spot at Dal.

Guest DALstudent

I'm a NS resident and just graduated with a BSc (Honours) in Neuroscience from Dal. My GPA was 3.80 (3.92 if you count my final year marks - which I don't think they included) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: ®

I was waitlisted by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to go to Dal because it's the only school I applied to!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grecko68

I'm a NS resident in chemistry. My GPA was 3.79 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal:10

Written Sample: N

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Dal as my first choice.

Guest dr octopus

I'm a Nova Scotia resident, and I completed my BSc (Biology) @ Dal in 2001.

My GPA was 4.12

My MCAT scores were:

Verbal: 9 (barf)

Physical: 13

Writing: Q

Biological: 12

I was accepted by Dal. This is my third time applying to Dal (sort of - I withdrew and took a couple of years to pursue other non-academic interests, and, well, to just take some time off).

Of all the schools I applied to, Dal is currently a hair above UWO as my top choice...what can I say...Halifax is awesome.

• 1 month later...
Guest Whitbourne

I'm a resident of Prince Edward Island (the small, proud land with radioactive-red dirt), completed by B.SC at UPEI in 2001.

I was accepted at Dalhousie University. This was my first time applying, and I'll be seeing people at the Aloha Barbeque on Sunday night.

Don;t know my GPA off hand.

MCAT: Verbal :13-15

Physical: 9 (yuck)

Writing Sample: R

Biological: 10

Guest abracadabra002

I'm a Nova Scotia resident (Valley girl, no less... oh yes - from good ol' Mud Creek, aka Wolfville). I completed from my undergraduate studies at Acaida in 2002 and spent the last year pursuing other interests, i.e. working, travelling and most of all hoping to get into med school.... yea relief!:D

My GPA was 3.95 and my MCAT scores were "skimmers" with a particular weakness in verbal ...grrrr.....my nemesis.

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 7

Biological Sciences: 8

Written Sample: Q

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Dal Med School as my first choice. (I can't give up ocean access and the laid-back Maritime atmosphere!)

See you all on Sunday at the BBQ and earlier for those meeting up at the Plum on Friday. (Check out the "22nd" if you don't know what I'm talking about).

• 6 months later...
Guest buffer monkey

I'm a N.S resident, but I'm in graduate studies in Ontario. I did my B.Sc. at Dal in Biochemistry.

My GPA was 4.02/4.30 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (10)

Verbal: (11)

Biological Sciences: (11)

Written Sample: (M) (ouch!)

Guest jess1973

I'm a New Brunswick resident in with a BA and an MA in English. My GPA was 3.8 for the last two years and my MCAT scores were:

Verbal: 14

Written Sample: S

I was rejected by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school.:( :( :( :(

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attendDal as my first choice.

Guest acropolistica

I'm a Nova Scotia resident in the final year of an honours BSc program at Dal. My cumulative GPA is 4.18 and my MCAT scores are:

Verbal: 8

Total:29

Written Sample: S (Take that verbal!)

Guest DonaldKaufman

I'm a N.S resident and I did an honours B.Sc. (biology, graduated in Oct '01) at Dal.

My GPA was 4.03/4.30 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (13)

Verbal: (10)

Biological Sciences: (9)

Written Sample: (O)

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Dal or Queen's as my first choice.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest caperchic

I'm a NS resident. I completed my BSc from Dal in 1999 in Bioc/Micro. My GPA was 3.7 (last two years) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 8

Verbal: 8

Written Sample: p

Dal is the only school I applied to and, hence, my first choice!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cowboy Mouse

I am a Halifax resident, got my letter today, dated Apr. 13. I graduated with a B.Sc.E (that's engineering) in Applied Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering (Aerospace) from Queen's University in K-town, Ontario, GPA a little over 4.05/4.3

My MCATs:

PS: 10 (I'm an engineer... what the???)

VR: 12

BS: 10

WS: S

I got accepted by Dal, this is my first time applying. I'm going there.

Guest willis

I'm a NS resident who finished my BSc(Honours) in Neuroscience at Dal in 2003 . My last two year GPA was 3.99/4.3 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9:x

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my second time applying to this school after being waitlisted last year

Of all the schools I applied (Dal, Western) I'm leaning towards Dal (but wont discount Western - thats if I even get an offer there!)

Got in at Western on June 18, but am declining to stay in good ol' NS

Guest CaptainMorgan

I'm a Nova Scotia resident who just finished an honors co-op in Biochem and Micro. My GPA was 3.58 overall (3.67 last two years) and my MCAT scores were:

Verbal: 9

Written Sample: P

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This was my first time applying to Dal (or anywhere).

Dal was the only school I applied to as it was the only one that I was interested in (I would not have had much of a chance at most other schools with my GPA).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ticket

I'm an OOP applicant. I graduated from Acadia in 2000 with a B.Sc. in Physics/Math. My GPA was 3.91 (out of 4).

I wrote the MCAT 3 times... :o

The last time my scores were:

Written Sample: R

This is my first time applying to medical school. My first choice is undecided between Dal, MUN and UofC.

Guest Mirah

I am an OOP applicant. I was waitlisted at Dal.

M.Sc. CGPA (last 2 years): 4.00

B.Sc. CGPA: 3.50

Verbal Reasoning: 9

Biological Sciences: 12

Writing Sample: P

Dal was not my first choice, but I would have been happy to go there had I been accepted.

Archived